So, which works are in the running for the 2012 award?
- Graham Annable of Portland with Book of Grickle from Dark Horse Comics.
- Aidan Koch of Portland with The Whale from Gaze Books
- Sarah Oleksyk of Portland with Ivy from Oni Press
- Greg Rucka of Portland with Stumptown from Oni Press
- Joe Sacco of Portland with Footnotes in Gaza: A Graphic Novel from Metropolitan Books
From this short list, I've only read "Stumptown" and "Ivy", and I think I'll have to re-read those. The others look good, although "The Whale" is the biggest unknown to me. So, I'm setting a goal to read all five books before the Oregon Book Awards ceremony on Monday, April 23rd.
Incidentally, there's a "Reader's Choice" award, so you can vote for you favorite book. Cast your vote here before April 23rd.
Some other links of note: if you're already a fan of Greg Rucka's work, you can also become a fan on Facebook. Oleksyk's Ivy is available online for free here.